9th August, Kuala Lumpur
IMPORTANT DATE, IMPORTANT PEOPLE
The SME CEO Forum 2017 will permeate the many opportunities in Malaysia, now reaping the benefit of the SME Start-up and Promotion Year. As announced during Budget 2016, the government is encouraging the SMEs of Malaysia to take a more active role in our economy.
The forum will focus on extensive information on how relevant parties may assist in optimising the privileges provided to SMEs in 2017, as well as structuring a business through many other incentives offered such as tax relieves, start-up incentives, trading licenses and capital massing. Exemplary businesses and case studies will also be shared by invited professionals with first-hand experience. Various authorities will also be present to share on how to involve the public sector in establishing a successful business.
This year’s theme sets its sight in bringing SMEs towards maturity, where one business can withstand economic fluctuation. More so than sustainability, a business should be able to withstand all external influence beyond economics. Hence, the panel for 2017 welcomes business owners with over 10 years of establishment and regional presence, ushering their presence to nurture upcoming peers to enrich the country’s economy.
Structure / Topics
Chap 1: Policies, Legislations and Opportunities
- SME figures, challenges and solutions
- Start-ups, Incubation and Business Maturity Authorities in Malaysia
- International and domestic trade regulation and assistance to SMEs
Chap 2: Finance and Banking
- Funding and Loans for different business purposes: Deciding which is better
- Cash flow and financial auditing for better business transaction and liquidity
- How to attract investors for a growing business
Chap 3: Scale-up and Expansion
- How to bring a local business to an international level
- Identifying opportunity and competition in a foreign market
- Legislations and bureaucracy
Chap 4: Enablers and Disablers
- Online presence and investment: How much does it cost and how much do you gain?
- How is mobile technology be relevant to different businesses?
- Which shifting business platform is a threat or opportunity?
Look forward to our panel of speakers soon!
Business Media International (BMI) is one of Asia’s leading business-to-business publishers. As owners of some of the region’s largest B2B media and events properties, BMI is uniquely positioned to offer business owners and senior business executives up-to-date business intelligence from across the region.
AIC Media and Events Group is one of Southeast Asia’s most dynamic media and events group. Since 1999, we’ve organised over 200 exhibitions and conferences, attracting over 3 million visitors, while our media brands reach over 1.2 million people annually.